A week of wild emotions in the Queensland bush

The state’s bushfires were still burning at night, but in the heart of Queensland, the air was thick with smoke and the temperature was soaring.

The state has been rocked by bushfires since Saturday.

But it was the worst of the worst that saw hundreds of homes destroyed, including the home of the president of the Australian Workers Union, who was rescued from a house in the town of Dickson.

As firefighters battled to bring the fires under control, hundreds of people gathered in Dickson to watch the destruction unfold.

Local residents say they were forced to flee their homes as the bushfires razed their town and many homes had their roofs blown off.

In some places, it was not until after dusk that residents could return to their homes.

Many residents told the ABC they were frightened and frightened by the bushfire.

“I was scared to come out, I was scared,” resident Julie Brown said.

“It’s just really sad.

I don’t know how they can get away with this.”

Residents had been living in the area since before the fires began.

The blaze broke out on the eve of the state’s annual Labor Day celebrations, but it was extinguished on Saturday afternoon.

There were some significant evacuations and the ABC has been unable to confirm if anyone was left behind.

“We’re just really hoping that the winds don’t change,” one resident said.

Residents had to evacuate after a wildfire destroyed their home.

“The whole of the town, the whole of Denton is burnt,” another resident said of Dungeness.

“A lot of homes are gone.”

Residents said there were no evacuations ordered.

“There are no evacuees.

We just need to make sure we don’t come back here,” one woman said.

The fire spread rapidly, and was expected to continue to burn through the next few days.

Local authorities said they had ordered a halt to all bushfire activity in the state, as the fire was threatening more than 100,000 hectares of property.

A total of 4,924 people were confirmed dead as a result of the fires.

The Queensland government has called on the public to donate money to help those affected.

“If you have a house or anything else in the community, make sure it’s not damaged, it’s OK to leave it,” Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said.

In a statement, the state said the government was working with emergency services to assist residents and help those in need.

“Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of our residents and emergency services,” it said.

Some homes in Dungestone have been gutted, while others were completely destroyed.

“People were trying to make their way to other homes to try to save their own property, but we’re still here, there’s no help here, no help,” resident Chris Pryce said.

Mr Pryce has lived in Denton for more than 25 years.

He said he had never been so scared in his life.

“This is my home,” he said.

Queenslanders have been evacuated for weeks in the middle of the bush fire season, and now the state is in the process of declaring a state of emergency, as it continues to deal with the damage caused by the fires and evacuations.

It is expected the fires will die down by the middle and it will be up to the Federal Government to determine when the bush fires will be declared under its new bushfire emergency plan.

“These are really bad fires and we’re in the midst of a bushfire season, so it’s really important that we keep the community safe,” Environment Minister Rob Stokes said.